learn more about me!
- My happy place: on a lake. I'm at home on the water - rowing, swimming, sailing, boating, rafting, kayaking, canoeing... even just dipping my feet in for a bit is the best!
- I'm a Scorpio - loyal, passionate, observant. I was born on Halloween night. And I hate scary movies. With a passion.
- My last name is Schmutz: [shmoots]. It's German + it's fun to say! Go on, try it...
- I named my cat Shai (think, "Shay") after the ancient Egyptian god of Fate & Destiny.
- We have a puppy now, too! Her name is Pepper (aka Puppers, Bubbas, Pepper-roo, Pepperoni, Pooper-roo, Ding Dong... the list goes on!) She loves to play with Shai, though I'm afraid the feeling isn't mutual quite yet.
- Nothing gets me more excited than toasted raviolis and pizza with provel cheese.
- I constantly have the "travel bug." Costa Rica was once my home for four months. My most recent international trip: Belize. Next adventure goal: a Central American Coffee Tour!
- Sometimes I imagine my world a bit like Candy Land; in early winter, the dark mountains covered in a little fresh snow are really giant brownies dusted with powdered sugar... and don't get me started on our cotton candy sunsets! Seriously, living in Colorado is so inspiring (and yummy!).
- My favorite part of my job is realizing how much my cheeks hurt after a session from smiling, giggling, laughing + being silly! My hope is that my clients's cheeks just might be sore from the same thing once we're all done shooting!